Ekta is registered Non Profit Organization which began its development journey since 1994 in the tribal dominated districts of Koraput & Rayagada in the State of Odisha, India with its major focus on exploring sustainable livelihood, promoting & propogating good governance, community based inclusive development of the people with Disabilities, reducing of HIV/AIDS, Mother& Child health, Child Rights, Climate Change and Disaster Risk Management with the most vulnerable target population such as Tribal, Peoples belong to Schedule Caste, Women, Children, People with Disabilities, Female Sex Worker, MSM, Transgender & Hijra. It had extended its interventions in Khordha District.
Dreaming of a just, equitable & sustainable society where vulnerable can lead a healthy & dignified living without any discrimination by fulfilling their basic necessities, enjoying their rights and discharging their duties.
Ekta plays a role of catalyst and adopts participatory approach for advancing the cause of the vulnerable, creating opportunity and building up their capacity.
- People's participation in all community works
- Gender equality & equity
- Ensuring honesty, transparency, accountability and impartiality in all our works
- Committed to the cause and the organization
- Stress on tribal, people belongs to Schedule Caste, and other disadvantaged sections of our society, especially women and children
- Utmost importance to people's custom, tradition, practices, culture, resources, manpower, skill, knowledge, experiences,techniques etc.
- Working within the true spirit of the democratic principles of the organization